Sea, sand, sun, and … serious injury? A Pompano Beach accident is an unwelcome interruption that can change the course of your day or the direction of your life. Car accidents, pedestrian and bike accidents, boating accidents, and workplace injuries can leave you with catastrophic injuries or even the wrongful death of someone you love.
You are not alone. If someone injured you in Pompano Beach, you may pursue a personal injury lawsuit to hold the negligent parties responsible.
An experienced personal injury lawyer will evaluate your claim, identify the parties at fault for your injuries, and fight for compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages.
Contact the experienced Pompano Beach Personal Injury Lawyers at Kaiser Romanello. We handle many personal injury practice areas and provide tailored solutions to help our clients seek rightful compensation.
We have nearly half a century of combined experience empowering accident victims throughout Florida, including the Pompano Beach, Boca Raton, and West Palm Beach areas. Call us today at (844) 877-8679.
Why Choose Kaiser Romanello for Your Pompano Beach Personal Injury Claim?
Choosing a law firm for your Pompano Beach personal injury claim is an important decision. The legal team at Kaiser Romanello P.A. is experienced in handling Pompano Beach personal injury claims and wrongful death cases in Broward County and throughout South Florida. With our experience, we understand local laws, regulations, and the nuances of personal injury claims.
Our compassionate approach can make the emotionally challenging personal injury process more manageable. We take the time to listen.
Our team of Pompano Beach personal injury lawyers will put our strength behind you, taking the worry off your shoulders. We will inform you about the progress of your case at every step along the way, answer your questions promptly, and make ourselves accessible when you need updates or advice.
There is no cost or obligation to talk to one of our personal injury attorneys. Contact us today for a free consultation and evaluation of your case.
Types of Pompano Beach Personal Injury Claims We Handle
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
Our Pompano Beach Office Location and Headquarters
Kaiser Romanello P.A. is located at 11555 Heron Bay Boulevard in Broward County, Florida, approximately 23 miles north of Miami and 42 miles south of Palm Beach. You can call us at (844) 877-8679 to meet with one of our personal injury attorneys to discuss your claim.
Pompano Beach Accident Statistics
More than 111,000 people call Pompano Beach, Florida, in Broward County, home. Since 2000, the population has grown over 42 percent.
According to Florida Health, unintentional injuries are the leading cause of death among Florida residents younger than 44 and the fourth leading cause of death after heart disease, cancer, and stroke. Injuries claim about 18,000 lives annually, accounting for 8.8 percent of all resident deaths.
The most current national injury data from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) notes that Florida’s rates were 12.57 percent higher than the national average. Compared with the nation’s six most populous states, Florida’s injury death rates were highest in the following categories: motor vehicle injuries, suicides, drowning, pedestrians, and pedal cyclists.
Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV), on its Florida Crash Dashboard, reports 276,492 crashes in the state as of September 2023, accounting for 2,331 deaths and 176,029 injuries. Broward County reported 28,249 crashes with 135 fatalities and 17,264 injuries. There were 506 bicycle crashes with seven fatalities, 535 motorcycle accidents with 26 fatalities, and 620 total pedestrian crashes with 28 fatalities.
Personal Injury Incidents in Pompano Beach
Personal injury incidents can vary widely, and the circumstances of each case are unique.
If you or a loved one were injured in any of these incidents in Pompano Beach, consult a personal injury attorney to assess your situation and determine if you have a valid compensation claim.
- Car Accidents: Pompano Beach has high traffic volume and many car accidents caused by reckless driving, distracted driving, or impaired driving.
- Slip and Fall Accidents: Slip and fall accidents can occur in stores, restaurants, or public properties due to wet floors, uneven surfaces, or inadequate maintenance.
- Boating Accidents: Close to the ocean and waterways, Pompano Beach sees its share of boating accidents, which can result in injuries, especially during the busy boating season. When filing boating accident claims, your lawyer should understand state watercraft and federal maritime law.
- Bicycle Accidents: With its warm climate and despite its bike-friendly areas, bicycle accidents can involve collisions with motor vehicles.
- Pedestrian Accidents: Pedestrians can find themselves injured in areas with heavy traffic.
- Motorcycle Accidents: Pompano Beach’s pleasant weather makes it a popular place for motorcycle enthusiasts, but it also means a higher risk of motorcycle accidents.
- Dog Bites: Dog bites and animal-related injuries can occur when residents and visitors have pets, and these incidents can lead to personal injury claims.
- Construction Site Accidents: Pompano Beach has ongoing construction projects, and accidents on construction sites, such as falls, equipment accidents, or electrical accidents, can lead to personal injuries.
- Swimming Pool Accidents: Given its warm climate, swimming pools are common in Pompano Beach, and pool-related accidents, such as slips and falls or drownings, can happen. Pool accidents can fall under the category of premises liability laws. Property owners must maintain safe premises. Poorly maintained properties, inadequate security, or hazardous conditions can lead to personal injuries.
Sometimes, serious accidents result in death. If someone dies due to the negligence of another, there may be grounds for a wrongful death claim. In the case of accidents with catastrophic injuries or death, contact our experienced personal injury lawyers immediately.
How Can a Lawyer Help Me After a Personal Injury in Pompano Beach?
Our lawyers can provide valuable assistance and support after a personal injury in Pompano Beach, Florida.
Our personal injury lawyers can explain your rights and guide you through the legal process, ensuring you understand the steps involved in pursuing a claim.
- Case Evaluation: Your lawyer will assess the details of your case to determine its strength and potential for compensation. This evaluation includes gathering evidence, reviewing medical records and accident reports, and interviewing witnesses.
- Medical Experts: They can consult medical experts who can provide professional opinions on the extent of your injuries, treatment options, and long-term consequences, which can strengthen your case.
- Negotiations: Your attorney can handle communications and negotiations with insurance companies and the at-fault parties on your behalf. They will advocate for your best interests and work to secure a fair settlement that covers your medical expenses, lost income, and other damages.
- Litigation: If negotiations fail to produce a fair settlement, your lawyer can file a lawsuit and represent you in court. They will present your case, question witnesses, and argue on your behalf.
- Legal Timeliness: Personal injury claims have specific deadlines called statutes of limitations. A lawyer meets these deadlines to preserve your right to compensation.
- Maximizing Compensation: Attorneys maximize the compensation you receive. This includes immediate medical expenses, lost income, future medical needs, rehabilitation, and pain and suffering.
Hiring a lawyer allows you to focus on your recovery. They handle the legal complexities of your case, reducing stress and anxiety during a challenging time. In Pompano Beach, an experienced lawyer can make a significant difference in the outcome of your case.
Types of Injuries That May Qualify for a Personal Injury Lawsuit
Eligibility for a personal injury lawsuit depends on establishing that the injury resulted from another party’s negligence, recklessness, or intentional wrongdoing. If you suffered any of these types of injuries due to the actions or negligence of another party, consult a personal injury attorney to assess the merits of your case and explore your legal options for seeking compensation.
Physical injuries encompass a wide range of injuries, such as fractures, cuts, burns, internal injuries, and traumatic brain injuries, among others.
Here is a more comprehensive list of the types of injuries that may result in a personal injury claim:
- Soft Tissue Injuries: Injuries to muscles, tendons, and ligaments, such as sprains, strains, and whiplash.
- Head and Brain Injuries: Traumatic brain injuries (TBI) resulting from accidents, falls, or assaults can have severe long-term consequences.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: Damage to the spinal cord can result in paralysis, loss of mobility, and significant medical expenses.
- Back Injuries: Injuries to the back, including herniated discs and other spinal issues.
- Broken Bones: Fractures and broken bones, whether minor or severe.
- Burn Injuries: Burns caused by fires, chemical exposure, or other accidents, especially if they lead to scarring or disfigurement.
- Amputations: Losing a limb due to an accident can have a profound impact on a person’s life.
- Internal Injuries: Injuries to organs or internal bleeding caused by accidents.
Additionally, severe emotional distress, such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), may result in compensation after a traumatic incident caused by another party’s negligence. When someone dies because of another person’s negligence, the surviving family members may file a wrongful death lawsuit to seek compensation for their loss.
How Much is My Pompano Beach Personal Injury Claim Worth?
Consult our personal injury attorneys in Pompano Beach to assess your claim’s worth more accurately. We can review the specific details of your case and provide a realistic estimate based on the specifics of your accident.
Every case is unique, and no one-size-fits-all answer applies to the value of any personal injury claim.
Things that factor into estimating a personal injury claim are:
- Severity of Injuries: The extent and severity of your injuries will significantly improve your claim’s value. More severe injuries that result in extensive medical treatment, long-term disability, or permanent impairment tend to have higher claim values.
- Medical Expenses: Keep detailed records of your medical expenses. You can recover the total cost of medical treatment, including hospital bills, surgeries, rehabilitation, and ongoing medical care.
- Lost Wages: If your injuries caused you to miss work or resulted in a reduced earning capacity, you can claim compensation for lost wages and future lost earning potential.
- Pain and Suffering: You can recover non-economic damages, such as physical pain, emotional distress, and loss of enjoyment of life. You need a lawyer to quantify this essential part of your claim.
- Property Damage: If your personal injury incident involved property damage, such as in a car accident, your claim can cover the cost of repairing or replacing your property.
The extent to which the other party was negligent and liable for your injuries will affect your claim’s value. You may receive punitive damages for their particularly reckless or malicious actions.
An experienced personal injury attorney can significantly increase your claim’s value. They can negotiate effectively, gather evidence, and maximize your compensation. Whether your claim resolves through a settlement or goes to trial can also influence the final compensation amount. Trials can result in higher awards, though they cost more time and money.
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Case in Pompano Beach?
Florida’s statute of limitations for a personal injury claim is typically two years. If you don’t file your claim within the required timeframe, you may lose your right to seek compensation. Your lawyer will advise you on how the Florida statute of limitations applies to your claim.
How Much Does a Pompano Beach Personal Injury Lawyer Cost?
Kaiser Romanello works with clients on a contingency fee basis, meaning fees depend on the case’s successful outcome. Contingency fee arrangements level the playing field, making it possible for individuals to obtain fair compensation from a big insurance company and its team of lawyers.
There are no upfront costs to you. The attorney only gets paid if we obtain a favorable settlement or win the case in court.
Contact Kaiser Romanello Today
If you or a loved one has suffered a severe personal injury due to the negligence of another, contact the experienced team of Pompano Beach personal injury lawyers at Kaiser Romanello today.
A serious accident can result in physical and emotional injuries, medical costs, chronic pain, reduced quality of life, lost income, and even wrongful death. Let us handle the details.
Kaiser Romanello P.A. offers a no-cost, no-obligation consultation with our lawyers to evaluate your potential claim. Call us today at (844) 877-8679 or fill out the contact form on our website to meet with us.
Our legal team will fight for your right to fair compensation for your injuries, providing you the peace of mind and freedom to focus on your healing journey.