The City of Hollywood, Florida, is a beachfront community in southeastern Broward County, midway between Miami and Fort Lauderdale. It is Broward’s third-largest municipality, with roughly 153,000 residents. The area also welcomes an average of 118 million visitors annually, with easy access to major cruise terminals and airports.
With an active population of residents and tourists crowding the beaches, walkways, and highways in and around the city, the potential for serious accidents increases. Car accidents, pedestrian and bike accidents, boating accidents, and cruise ship accidents can lead to catastrophic injuries or even the wrongful death of someone you love.
If you were injured in Hollywood, Florida, you may pursue a personal injury lawsuit and hold the negligent parties responsible.
The experienced Hollywood, Florida, Personal Injury Lawyers at Kaiser Romanello handle a wide array of personal injury practice areas and provide tailored solutions to help our clients seek rightful compensation. We will evaluate your claim, identify the parties at fault for your injuries, and fight for compensation for your losses.
Our lawyers represent accident victims throughout Florida, including the Hollywood area. Call us today at (844) 877-8679.
Why Choose Kaiser Romanello for Your Hollywood Personal Injury Claim?
When considering Kaiser Romanello for your Hollywood personal injury claim, you’re choosing a law firm with a strong track record of success. Our dedicated team of experienced attorneys will work tirelessly to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve.
Our client-centered approach means that we prioritize your needs and concerns throughout the legal process. We understand that navigating a personal injury claim can overwhelm you, so we are here to provide guidance and support every step of the way.
We take the time to listen. Our team of Hollywood personal injury lawyers will put our strength behind you, taking the worry off your shoulders.
Contact us today to discuss your case, and let us help you seek justice and recover the compensation you deserve. There is no cost or obligation to talk to one of our personal injury attorneys. Contact us today for a free consultation and evaluation of your case.
Types of Hollywood Florida Personal Injury Claims We Handle
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
Our Hollywood Office Location and Headquarters
Kaiser Romanello P.A. is located at 11555 Heron Bay Boulevard in Broward County, Florida, approximately 23 miles north of Miami and 42 miles south of Palm Beach. You can call us at (844) 877-8679 to meet with one of our personal injury attorneys to discuss your claim.
Hollywood, Florida, by the Numbers
Hollywood is the fifth-largest city in the Miami metro area and the 12th-largest city in Florida.
People from all over the world choose to travel to Hollywood, Florida, to take advantage of its pristine coastline with sandy beaches and sunny skies. Tourism is the state’s number one industry, welcoming an average of 118 million visitors to the area annually and employing nearly 738,000 Floridians.
Hollywood provides easy access to Port Everglades, the second busiest cruise port in the world, and the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport. The Miami International Airport and the Port of Miami are less than 25 miles away. Interstate 95, the Florida Turnpike, the Tri-County Commuter Rail, and two major railroads cut through Hollywood.
The Hollywood Oceanfront Broadwalk is a 2.2-mile-long pedestrian promenade combined with dramatic coastal views of Hollywood Beach. It boasts a newly reconstructed path for walkers, bicycle lanes, and jogging paths.
According to Florida Health, unintentional injuries are the leading cause of death among Florida residents younger than 44 and the fourth leading cause of death after heart disease, cancer, and stroke. Recent statistics revealed that injuries claimed 18,159 lives, accounting for 8.8 percent of resident deaths.
The most current national injury data compiled by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) notes that Florida’s injury rates were 12.57 percent higher than the national average for unintentional injuries. Compared with the nation’s six most populous states, Florida’s injury death rates were highest in the following categories: motor vehicle injuries, suicides, drowning, pedestrians, and pedal cyclists.
On its Florida Crash Dashboard, Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV) reports 276,492 crashes in the state at the latest count, accounting for 2,331 deaths and 176,029 injuries. The Hollywood area reported 28,249 crashes with 135 fatalities and 17,264 injuries. There were 506 bicycle crashes with seven fatalities, 535 motorcycle accidents with 26 fatalities, and 620 total pedestrian crashes with 28 fatalities.
Typical Personal Injury Incidents in Hollywood, Florida
Accidents with serious injuries can happen in many ways in Hollywood. Busy highways, cruise ships and ports, beaches and boats, pedestrian walkways, and bicycle paths – all can be potentially dangerous.
Types of personal injuries we see may include:
- Car Accidents: Injuries sustained in motor vehicle accidents can lead to personal injury claims with factors like reckless driving, distracted driving, or impaired driving.
- Slip and Fall Accidents: Slip and fall accidents due to negligence, such as wet floors or uneven walkways.
- Product Liability: Defective products that cause injuries, such as faulty appliances or medications with harmful side effects.
- Premises Liability: Inadequate security or other unsafe conditions on someone else’s property can result in personal injury claims.
- Workplace Accidents: If you’re injured on the job due to unsafe conditions or negligence, you may be entitled to file a personal injury claim against a third party.
- Cruise Ship Accidents: Slippery decks, wet floors, or uneven surfaces on cruise ships can lead to slip and fall accidents, causing injuries such as broken bones, sprains, and head injuries. Additionally, claims may arise from things like food poisoning or illness, injuries sustained during shore excursions arranged by the cruise line, and collisions, grounding, or other maritime accidents involving the cruise ship itself.
- Boating Accidents: If the boat operator’s negligence, such as speeding, impaired boating, or failure to follow navigation rules, causes an accident and injuries, victims may file a personal injury claim. Claims may arise from boat collisions, water sports accidents, and boat rental negligence.
- Bicycle Accidents: With its warm climate and bike-friendly areas, bicycle accidents can happen, often involving collisions with motor vehicles.
- Pedestrian Accidents: Pedestrians can risk injuries in areas with heavy traffic.
- Motorcycle Accidents: Hollywood’s pleasant weather makes it a popular place for motorcycle enthusiasts, but it also means a higher risk of motorcycle accidents.
- Dog Bites: Dog bites and animal-related injuries can occur when residents and visitors have pets, and these incidents can lead to personal injury claims.
- Construction Site Accidents: Hollywood has ongoing construction projects, and accidents on construction sites, such as falls, equipment accidents, or electrical accidents, can lead to personal injuries.
- Swimming Pool Accidents: Given its coastal location, swimming pools are common in Hollywood, and accidents related to pools, such as slips and falls or drownings, can happen. Poorly maintained properties, inadequate security, or hazardous conditions can lead to personal injuries.
- Wrongful Death: When a person’s death results from someone else’s negligence or intentional actions, surviving family members may file a wrongful death claim.
In claims involving cruise ship and boating accidents, consult a qualified attorney experienced in maritime law to assess the specifics of your case and determine the best course of action for seeking compensation. Laws and regulations regarding boating accidents and cruise ship injuries can vary by jurisdiction, so you need legal guidance to navigate the process effectively.
How Can a Lawyer Help Me After a Personal Injury in Hollywood?
In a Hollywood, Florida, personal injury case, having a skilled attorney can significantly improve your chances of obtaining fair compensation for your injuries and losses. They will work diligently to achieve the best possible outcome for your case, whether through negotiation or litigation.
Based in Broward County, Kaiser Romanello lawyers are well-versed in Florida’s personal injury laws. We can explain your rights and options clearly, ensuring you understand the legal aspects of your case. Your attorney will develop a strategic plan tailored to your case’s circumstances. They’ll leverage their experience to maximize your chances of success.
Having a lawyer on your side provides peace of mind. You can focus on your recovery while we protect your legal rights.
Things our lawyers can handle include:
- Investigation: Lawyers can thoroughly investigate the circumstances of your injury. This may involve gathering evidence, interviewing witnesses, and consulting experts to establish liability.
- Determining Damages: Personal injury attorneys can help you assess the full extent of your damages, including medical bills, lost income, pain and suffering, and future expenses related to your injury.
- Legal Documentation: Personal injury claims involve extensive paperwork, filings, and documentation. Lawyers handle these tasks efficiently and file all necessary forms correctly and promptly. Florida’s statute of limitations for a personal injury claim is typically two years. If you don’t file your claim within the required timeframe, you may lose your right to seek compensation. Your lawyer will advise you how this applies to your claim.
- Negotiation: Our lawyers are skilled negotiators who can communicate with insurance companies and the opposing party on your behalf. We’ll work to secure a fair settlement that covers your losses. Your attorney will communicate with insurance adjusters, the other party’s legal team, and any involved parties. This frees you from the stress of dealing with these parties directly.
When insurance companies make settlement offers, your lawyer will assess whether they are fair and advise you on whether to accept or negotiate for a better offer. If the other side refuses a fair settlement, your lawyer can file a lawsuit and represent you in court. They’ll present your case, argue on your behalf, and work to achieve a favorable outcome at trial.
Kaiser Romanello works on a contingency fee basis, which means the attorney’s fees depend on the case’s successful outcome. You don’t have to pay your attorney any upfront fees or retainer. This can help individuals lacking the financial resources to hire an attorney.
Establishing Liability for a Personal Injury Claim
To establish liability, the lawyer first needs to demonstrate that the party being accused of negligence owed a duty of care to the injured party. For example, in a car accident case, all drivers must operate their vehicles safely.
The attorney must then show that the defendant (the person named liable for the injury) breached their duty of care. This means proving that the defendant’s actions or failure to act fell below the standard of care expected in the given situation. For instance, a driver who runs a red light breaches their duty of care to others on the road.
Lawyers must establish causation – a direct link between the defendant’s breach of duty and the plaintiff’s injuries. We usually do this through medical evidence and expert testimony to show that the injuries resulted from the defendant’s actions.
In cases where the plaintiff may share some fault for the accident, lawyers may need to consider the concept of comparative negligence. Florida follows a pure comparative negligence system, which means that even if the plaintiff is partially at fault, they can still recover damages. Still, the amount may decrease based on their degree of fault. Your lawyer will know or research relevant laws, regulations, and precedents to support their argument regarding liability.
Many cases resolve through negotiations with the defendant’s insurance company or legal representatives. Lawyers present the evidence and arguments to settle. The case may go to trial if the insurance company doesn’t accept a fair settlement.
During the trial, the lawyer presents the evidence and arguments to a judge or jury, who ultimately determines liability.
Establishing liability in a personal injury claim requires a careful analysis of the facts and complex legal principles. Consult an experienced personal injury attorney who can assess the specifics of your case, gather evidence, and build a solid argument to prove liability and maximize your chances of obtaining compensation for your injuries and losses.
Determining the Value of a Personal Injury Claim
Lawyers use several factors to estimate the value of a personal injury claim.
To get an accurate estimate of your personal injury claim’s value, your personal injury attorney can evaluate all these factors in the context of your specific case to ensure you receive fair compensation for your injuries and losses.
- Medical Expenses: Your lawyer will consider your current medical bills, as well as any anticipated future medical costs related to your injury, including surgeries, therapies, and ongoing treatment.
- Lost Income: If your injury has caused you to miss work or affected your earning capacity, your lawyer will calculate the value of your lost wages, including past and future income.
- Pain and Suffering: Non-economic damages, such as physical pain, emotional distress, and reduced quality of life, are challenging to quantify but are an essential part of a claim’s value assessment.
- Property Damage: If your injury damaged your property, such as a vehicle in a car accident, the cost of repairing or replacing the property is factored into the claim.
- Duration of Recovery: The expected length of your recovery and the permanence of your injuries will affect the claim’s value. Longer recoveries or permanent disabilities often result in higher settlements.
- Precedent and Case Law: Lawyers will review similar cases and legal precedents to gauge the typical settlement or jury verdict amounts for cases with comparable circumstances.
- Location: The jurisdiction where your case is filed can influence the potential value, as different areas may have varying standards for compensation.
- Economic Factors: Economic factors such as inflation, interest rates, and the cost of living can affect the value of a claim over time.
The available insurance coverage, both your own and that of the at-fault party, can impact the maximum compensation you can recover. Some states also have laws that limit the amount of compensation for non-economic damages like pain and suffering. Your lawyer will consider any applicable caps in Florida.
Contact Kaiser Romanello Today
If you or a loved one has suffered a severe personal injury due to the negligence of another, contact the experienced team of Hollywood personal injury lawyers at Kaiser Romanello today.
A serious accident can result in physical and emotional injuries, medical costs, chronic pain, reduced quality of life, lost wages, and even wrongful death. Let us handle the details.
Kaiser Romanello P.A. offers a no-cost, no-obligation consultation with our lawyers to evaluate your potential claim. Call us today at (844) 877-8679 or fill out the contact form on our website to meet with us.
Our legal team will fight for your right to fair compensation for your injuries, providing you the peace of mind and freedom to focus on your healing journey.