Life can change in an instant, especially for pedestrians navigating the busy streets of Boca Raton. A pedestrian accident can leave you with devastating injuries, mounting medical bills, and emotional trauma. When the unexpected happens, you need a dedicated legal advocate by your side.
At Kaiser Romanello, P.A., we understand the challenges that pedestrians face and the pain that can follow a serious accident. We are your trusted Boca Raton pedestrian accident attorneys, committed to helping you reclaim your life after a devastating incident. Our mission is clear: to fight for your rights and help you secure the compensation you deserve.
Contact us today at 844-877-8679 for a free consultation.
Why Choose Us as Your Boca Raton Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
In the vibrant city of Boca Raton, pedestrian accidents can occur for various reasons, from distracted drivers to hazardous road conditions. Whatever the cause, we are here to provide you with unwavering support, experienced legal guidance, and assertive representation to increase your chances of getting a successful outcome.
Our experienced team has a deep understanding of local laws, regulations, and the intricacies of pedestrian accident cases in Boca Raton.
When you choose Kaiser Romanello, P.A., you’re choosing more than just legal representation. You’re choosing a compassionate and dedicated team that will stand with you every step of the way. Your path to justice begins here, and we are here to walk it with you.
If you or a loved one has been involved in a pedestrian accident someone else caused in Boca Raton, don’t wait to seek help.
Contact us today for a free consultation and take the first step toward securing the full and fair compensation you need to move forward. Your well-being is our priority, and we will do all we can to protect your rights and help you realize a brighter tomorrow.
What Are Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents in Boca Raton?
Pedestrian accidents in Boca Raton, like in many other places, can occur due to a variety of factors. Understanding the common causes of these accidents can help pedestrians and drivers take precautions and reduce the risk of such incidents.
Here are some common causes of pedestrian accidents in Boca Raton:
- Distracted Driving: One of the leading causes of pedestrian accidents is distracted driving. When motorists are focused on their smartphones, GPS devices, or other distractions, they may fail to notice pedestrians in crosswalks or at intersections.
- Failure to Yield the Right of Way: Motorists are required to yield the right of way to pedestrians in crosswalks and at intersections. Accidents can occur when drivers do not adhere to these rules or fail to recognize pedestrians’ presence.
- Speeding: Excessive speeding reduces a driver’s reaction time and increases the severity of accidents. When drivers exceed the speed limit, they cannot always stop in time to avoid hitting pedestrians.
- Impaired Driving: Alcohol or drug impairment can significantly impair a driver’s judgment, coordination, and reaction time. Impaired drivers are more likely to cause accidents with pedestrians.
- Failure to Obey Traffic Signals: Ignoring traffic signals, stop signs, or yield signs can result in dangerous situations for pedestrians at intersections and crosswalks.
- Left-Hand Turns: Pedestrian accidents often occur when a vehicle turning left fails to yield to pedestrians in the crosswalk. These incidents may happen at intersections or when turning into driveways.
- Poor Visibility: Low visibility conditions, such as heavy rain, fog, or darkness, can make it challenging for drivers to see pedestrians. Pedestrians should wear reflective clothing and carry flashlights in such conditions.
- Backing Accidents: Parking lots and driveways are common locations for pedestrian accidents. Drivers backing out of parking spaces may not always notice pedestrians behind their vehicles.
- Overcrowded Streets: Boca Raton’s popularity as a tourist destination and its busy streets can result in crowded roadways, which may increase the likelihood of pedestrian accidents, especially in areas with heavy foot traffic.
- Failure to Stop for School Buses: Motorists who fail to stop when a school bus loads or unloads children can put pedestrians, including students, at risk.
Drivers in Boca Raton should remain vigilant, obey traffic laws, and exercise caution to prevent pedestrian accidents. Avoiding distractions, reducing speed in high-pedestrian areas, and staying alert can go a long way in preventing these accidents and ensuring the safety of everyone on the road.
What Should I Do Following a Pedestrian Accident in Boca Raton?
If a pedestrian accident in Boca Raton injured you or a close family member, you must protect your well-being, gather evidence, and preserve your legal rights.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on what to do following a pedestrian accident:
- Make Sure Everyone is Safe: Your safety should be the top priority. If you are injured and able to move, try to get to a safe location away from traffic to avoid further harm.
- Call 911: Dial 911 immediately to report the accident and request medical assistance and law enforcement to come to the scene. A police report will document the incident, which can be crucial for your case.
- Seek Medical Attention: Even if you don’t believe your injuries are severe, it’s essential to receive medical evaluation and treatment. Some injuries may not manifest symptoms immediately, and early medical documentation is vital.
- Exchange Information: Exchange contact information, including names, phone numbers, and addresses, with the driver involved in the accident. Also, collect the driver’s insurance information.
- Document the Scene: If you are physically able, gather evidence at the scene. Take photos and videos of the accident site, including the location of the vehicles, traffic signals, road conditions, and any visible injuries or damage.
- Gather Witness Information: If there are witnesses to the accident, ask for their names and contact information. Their statements can be valuable in corroborating your account of the events.
- Cooperate with Law Enforcement: When the police arrive, provide them with an accurate account of the accident. Be honest and factual in your statements. Request a copy of the police report or obtain the report number for future reference.
- Preserve Evidence: Keep all documents related to the accident, including medical records, bills, receipts for expenses, and any correspondence with insurance companies.
- Avoid Discussing Fault: Refrain from discussing fault or admitting guilt, whether with the driver, witnesses, or on social media. These statements can be used against you later.
- Notify Your Insurance Company: Inform your insurance company about the accident as soon as possible, even if you were not at fault. Provide them with accurate details and follow their instructions.
- Consult with an Attorney: Contact a personal injury attorney experienced in pedestrian accident cases in Boca Raton. An attorney can assess the specifics of your case, provide legal advice, and help you navigate the claims process.
- Maintain a Recovery Journal: Keep a journal to document your recovery process, including pain levels, medical appointments, treatments, and how your injuries impact your daily life. This can help establish the extent of your damages.
- Be Cautious with Insurance Adjusters: Insurance adjusters may contact you to discuss the accident. It’s advisable to consult with an attorney before providing any statements or accepting settlements to protect your rights.
Following these steps can help you protect your health and lay the groundwork for a successful pedestrian accident claim in Boca Raton. Consulting an experienced attorney can provide you with personalized guidance and improve your odds of obtaining fair compensation for your injuries and damages.
What Are Common Injuries People Sustain in Boca Raton Pedestrian Accidents?
Pedestrian accidents in Boca Raton can result in a wide range of injuries, varying in severity depending on the circumstances of the accident. Pedestrians are particularly vulnerable to injuries because they lack the protection of a vehicle.
Common injuries sustained in Boca Raton pedestrian accidents include:
- Head Injuries: Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) are a serious concern in pedestrian accidents, even when the pedestrian is wearing a helmet. These injuries can range from concussions to severe brain damage and may have long-lasting or permanent effects.
- Fractures and Broken Bones: Pedestrians often suffer fractures or broken bones, such as fractures in the arms, legs, hips, or ribs, upon impact with a vehicle or the pavement.
- Soft Tissue Injuries: Soft tissue injuries like sprains, strains, contusions, and deep bruising can result from the force of the collision or being thrown to the ground.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: The impact of a pedestrian accident can cause spinal cord injuries, which may result in partial or complete paralysis and a lifetime of medical care and rehabilitation.
- Back Injuries: Back injuries, including herniated discs and vertebral fractures, can be debilitating and require extensive treatment.
- Internal Injuries: The force of the accident may lead to internal injuries, such as organ damage, internal bleeding, or chest and abdomen injuries.
- Facial Injuries: Facial injuries, including cuts, lacerations, fractures, and dental injuries, can occur upon impact with a vehicle or the ground.
- Road Rash: Pedestrians may suffer road rash when their skin makes contact with the road surface during a fall. Road rash can result in painful abrasions, cuts, and scrapes, often requiring medical treatment to prevent infection and promote proper healing.
- Psychological Trauma: Beyond physical injuries, pedestrian accidents can lead to psychological trauma, such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety, depression, and other emotional distress.
- Amputations: In severe cases, pedestrian accidents can result in traumatic amputations, leading to permanent disability and the need for prosthetic limbs.
- Fatal Injuries: Tragically, pedestrian accidents can result in fatalities. Surviving family members may seek compensation through wrongful death claims.
The severity of these injuries can vary widely, and some may not manifest immediately after the accident. Seeking prompt medical attention is essential to diagnose and treat injuries effectively. Additionally, consulting with an experienced personal injury attorney can help you understand your rights and options for pursuing compensation.
A Boca Raton pedestrian accident attorney from Kaiser Romanello, P.A., can assist you in building a case to seek compensation for your injuries and losses resulting from the accident.
What Types of Compensation Could I Receive from a Boca Raton Pedestrian Accident Claim?
You could recover various types of compensation following a Boca Raton pedestrian accident a negligent driver or some other party caused.
Some common forms of compensation you could receive include:
- Medical Expenses: This includes reimbursement for all past and future medical costs related to your injuries, such as hospital bills, surgeries, doctor’s visits, prescription medications, and more.
- Rehabilitation and Therapy: You could pursue compensation for the costs associated with rehabilitation, physical therapy, occupational therapy, or counseling needed to recover from your injuries or cope with emotional trauma.
- Lost Income: If your injuries caused you to miss work, you may receive compensation for your lost income, including both past and future lost earnings. This can also include compensation for diminished earning capacity if your injuries result in long-term or permanent disability.
- Pain and Suffering: You could get compensation for the physical pain, emotional distress, and mental anguish you’ve endured as a result of the accident and your injuries. Pain and suffering damages are often subjective and can vary widely depending on the severity of your injuries and the impact on your life.
- Property Damage: If the accident damaged your personal property, such as clothing or personal items, you may recover compensation for the repair or replacement of those items.
- Disability and Disfigurement: If your injuries have resulted in a disability or permanent disfigurement, you may recover compensation for the physical and emotional consequences of these long-term effects.
- Wrongful Death Damages: In cases where a pedestrian accident results in a fatality, surviving family members may pursue wrongful death damages, including funeral and burial expenses, loss of financial support, and compensation for the emotional suffering of losing a loved one.
- Punitive Damages: In rare cases, the court may award punitive damages if the at-fault party’s conduct was particularly egregious or reckless. These damages punish the wrongdoer and deter similar behavior.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: You could get compensation for any other out-of-pocket expenses directly related to the accident, such as transportation costs to medical appointments or home modifications required due to injuries.
The specific types and amounts of compensation you can recover will depend on the unique circumstances of your case, the severity of your injuries, and applicable state laws.
Consulting an experienced pedestrian accident attorney in Boca Raton can assess the full extent of your damages and pursue fair compensation. An attorney from Kaiser Romanello, P.A. will carefully assess your claim and calculate the damages you incurred. We can also negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf or take legal action in court if necessary to recover the compensation you deserve for your injuries and losses.
How Long Do I Have to File a Pedestrian Accident Injury Lawsuit in Boca Raton?
In Boca Raton, as well as throughout Florida, the statute of limitations for filing a pedestrian accident injury lawsuit is generally two years from the date of the accident. You must adhere to this statutory deadline, as failing to file your lawsuit within the specified time frame can result in the court dismissing your case, and you may lose your right to seek compensation for your injuries and damages.
However, there are some exceptions and variations to the statute of limitations in specific circumstances, so it’s advisable to consult with an experienced personal injury attorney in Boca Raton as soon as possible after your pedestrian accident.
An attorney can assess your case, ensure compliance with all legal deadlines, and help you take the appropriate steps to protect your rights and pursue the compensation you deserve.
Remember that gathering evidence, building a strong case, and negotiating with insurance companies can be time-consuming processes, so consult an attorney and initiate legal proceedings well before the statute of limitations expires. This will allow for ample time to thoroughly prepare your case and maximize your chances of obtaining a favorable outcome.
Contact Us for a Free Consultation
At Kaiser Romanello, P.A., our dedicated Boca Raton pedestrian accident attorneys are here to stand by your side and fight for your rights. We understand the challenges you’re facing, and we are committed to helping you on your path to justice and recovery.
Worried about the cost of hiring an attorney? Don’t be. Our lawyers work on a contingency fee basis, so you won’t pay anything upfront for us to represent you. We will only accept a fee if we obtain compensation for you through an insurance settlement or court award. If we’re unsuccessful in recovering compensation on your behalf, you owe us nothing.
Don’t delay in contacting Kaiser Romanello, P.A. You can call us at (844) 877-8679 or complete our online contact form to receive a free consultation from a local and experienced attorney regarding your Boca Raton pedestrian accident claim.